Privacy and Cookies Policy
At Reading Together Limited (“Reading Together”, “us” or “we”), the protection of your data is incredibly important to us. This policy, along with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data (both collected from you or provided to us) will be processed by Reading Together.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data processor is Reading Together Ltd, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU United Kingdom. Company Registration Number 11932925.
We aim to keep the amount of personal information that you have to give to us and that we collect about you to a minimum, but an outline can be found below.
The following data may be collected and processed:
1. Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our Website or App, including at point of registration; providing feedback via email; subscribing to our services or at any subsequent point. Information collected may include name, e-mail address and phone number. By contacting us; we may keep a record of the correspondence or by completing optional surveys for research and development purposes.
2. Information we collect about you, with regard to each of your visits to the Website or App including technical information such as Internet protocol (IP) address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. None of this information identifies you as an individual. Information about your visit, including but not limited to pages views or searches; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information.
3. Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, development teams, business partners, providers of payment services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with the Reading Together services, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Information we may collect about others:
We may collect and process the data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to):
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, the App, or provide to us by email. Information provided to us by the Headteacher of your school for purposes of set up.
2. Student / Parent / Teacher Data (as defined in the terms and conditions agreement).
3. Information about staff, parents and other Authorised Users (as defined in the terms and conditions agreement). You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with.
Should you not wish for this you can disable cookies being stored on your computer by altering settings in your web browser, however some features of the Website or App may not perform properly if they are.
Further information regarding individual cookies can be found at the end of this policy.
Where we store your personal information
Except as set out in this section, the personal data that we collect from you is stored in the UK and shall not be transferred or stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We use servers based in London which are managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Except as may be required by law or any court order, AWS will not disclose, move, access or use any personal information relating to you unless we tell them to do so.
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others that you have provided us with) in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Reading Together App and/or web platform
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- for marketing. You will be able to unsubscribe from direct marketing at any point.
- to contact students, parents and teachers, but only where you have given us permission to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website and App safe and secure;
- to provide research or data statistics, provided always that we only use aggregated and anonymised data; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We will not:
- Sell your data (or any other data you provide us with) to third-parties at all;
- Use the information held about you (and information about others) to provide you with advertising or other services that you have not requested; or
- Sell your data upon the winding up of Reading Together.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any partner of Reading Together
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
o in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
o if Reading Together or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
o if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Reading Together, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Our Website and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process any personal data. Should you make such a request we will close your account immediately and our services will become unavailable.
You can ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes when providing your information to us, or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
You can also contact us directly to correct or delete any personal information about you which is incorrect, or ask for access to the personal information held about you in accordance with data protection law.
Finally, should you wish to complain about how we have processed your personal information you can contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
Personal Data Retention and destruction
Personal details will be kept for 90 days after the first of the following permutations:
a. The contract with the school ends or is terminated.
b. The school informs us that a particular teacher has left the establishment.
c. The school informs us that a child has moved school, or is no longer in need of the product.
d. You close your account.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
All information you provide to us is stored by AWS on secure servers which have been validated against ISO 27018 by an independent third party assessor. You can read more about AWS’s security and data privacy practices on its website.
Cookie Name, Duration, Description & Further Information
_utma (2years), _utmb (30 minutes), _utmc (Session Only), _utmt (10 minutes), _utmz (6 months)
These cookies are used by the Google Analytics service to identify you as a unique user, how you came to visit our website, which pages or windows you visited and how long you spent on each page.
crumb (session only)
This cookie creates a unique session for your visit and is deleted automatically when you close the relevant page or window.
ss_cid (2 years), ss_cpvisit (2 years), ss_cvisit (30 minutes), ss_cvr (2 years), ss_cvt (30 minutes)